Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strawberry Pizza


Pin It
I have held on to the piece of paper that has this recipe on it since 1992/93. I was an intern at the television station where I currently work. I worked on the show called AM Buffalo and they would book people to do cooking demonstrations. As an intern I had all of the glamorous jobs. I had to type the recipe on the computer and print it out so people could send in a SASE to receive the recipe then I would stuff the envelopes and send them to the viewers.

A lady came on one day from Becker Farms and she made this Strawberry Pizza recipe. It sounded great so I kept a copy and make it every so often. My husband loves it very much.








I use strawberries from the store because last year we went and picked strawberries (at Becker Farm) and I am not a fan. I prefer to pick cherries.

I made this on the 4Th of July for the family and now my brother and his girlfriend are now fans of this dessert too.


~Michelle





Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

CRUST:
  • 1-1/2 Cups Flour
  • 1 Cup Butter
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans or Almonds
FILLING:
  • 1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese
  • 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 container (8oz) whipped topping
TOPPING:
  • 1 Pkg. (3oz) Strawberry Jello
  • 1/2 Cup sugar
  • Dash salt
  • 1 Cup of water of strawberry juice divided
  • 4 TBSP cornstarch
  • 4 Cups sliced strawberries
To make crust: Mix all ingredients to form dough and spread in pizza pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
To make filling: Mix cream cheese and icing sugar; fold in whipped topping.
Spread over cooled crust.
To Make topping: Combine jello, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of water or strawberry juice. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of liquid and stir into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in strawberries to coat all slices.
Cool slightly and spread on top of filling. Chill and cut into wedges to serve.
~Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. So I am thinking this might be a good dessert to bring to a picnic on Sunday, but I suppose it has to stay cold all the time ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would keep it cold until you are ready to serve. I hope you try it and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly