Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Cake

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day is a wonderful day to spend with family. My two little guys are the reason that I am a mother and love every minute, well almost every minute. They may fight with each other and talk back at times but I love the funny observations that they have the kisses that they still share and when they play together and get along my heart just sings.  Thank you to my husband for also making me a mother and for taking such great care of the boys while I'm at work. I am blessed to have such wonderful guys in my life.  And I did go to work on Mother's Day :(


I made a cinnamon streusel bundt cake for dessert on Mother's day.
I found the recipe here.



Ingredients

Streusel Topping
1 cup flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar ( I used about 3/4 cup light and 1/4 dark)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup (1stick) cold butter, cut into chunks


Cake
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Vanilla Glaze, (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 325F. For the streusel topping, mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.  cut in cold butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. set aside.

for the cake, beat softened butter, granulated sugar and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda on low speed until well mixed.

Spoon 1/2 of the streusel topping into greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.  Spoon 1/2 of the batter over the top. Repeat layers.

Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. ( I had to bake it about 1 hour 15 minutes)  Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with vanilla glaze.

Vanilla glaze
mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl until smooth.  If necessary, stir 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency.  Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.

I did get a surprise gift for Mother's day.  At breakfast they handed me a gift that I thought was for sure slippers, and I would have been very happy with slippers.  It was a new Nikon SLR digital camera. whoo hoo.  Amazing. I cried a little.

Here is a picture that I took with the new camera.  Going to love practicing.
.
~Michelle

2 comments:

print friendly