Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies

Just the title alone should have your mouth watering. Yummy Andes candies. I remember they were my Grandma's favorite candy. The 2 layers of chocolate and the green minty center. I know that I have a love of mint and chocolate just like my Grandma. For that matter I love raspberry and chocolate, cayenne and chocolate, marshmallow and chocolate etc... Just about everything and chocolate :)

I made these for work. I had to do a pregame show and a post game show for a Buffalo Bills preseason game that aired on our station and thought that a treat for the whole gang was in order. These mint baking chips were in the cupboard so I looked on the back of the bag and low-and-behold a recipe. 
These cookies were soft and a little chewy and had the perfect mint flavor.
So delicious.




Ingredients:

1/2 cup salted butter - softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10oz) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2 2/3 cups sifted all purpose flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat the butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla adn eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes Baking chips then flour. Chill about 1 hour in refrigerator. Measure out approximately 1 oz dough. (I used a scoop) (the dough was a little hard at first) Place on baking sheet. Bake for around 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans for two minutes then on wire racks to cool completely.

recipe from bag of chips

~Enjoy
Michelle 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly